The council is composed of Vice Chancellors of Universities,Principals of Colleges,Directors of Institutes or Directorates which are members Institutions and Executive Secretary of TERNET.
- To be highest policy and decision making body of TERNET subject to the provision of the Trust Deed
- To approve members of the Board of Trustee
- To approve members of the Technical Committee.
- To coordinate and oversee the general affairs and function of TERNET
- To supervise and guide the activities of the lower organs of TERNET
- Those are among the few functions of the Council others are as stipulated in the TERNET's constitution.